Cleaning Microwave Ovens in Wilmette,Il 60093

Microwaves cause the water, fat, and sugar molecules in food to vibrate, which creates heat. Because the food is heated directly, the cookware and the interior of the oven generally do not get hot. These appliances are useful for quickly defrosting and warming, but not for browning or crisping feeds. So, manufacturers now offer Microwaves with a convection feature, which circulates hot air around food to brown it and seal in juices. Good idea if you are short on space and need a second oven for holiday gatherings.

Regardless of which Microwave you may have, we all need to keep it clean to prevent sticky or greasy stains from forming.

For Plastic interiors, wipe stains with a soft cloth or sponge and a solution of warm water and mild dishwashing liquid, then rinse plain water.

If that isn't enough, clean with 1 or 2 tablespoons of baking soda in a quart of water.

For caked-on residue, heat water in a microwave-safe dish on High for three minutes. Let it stand for five minutes, with the door closed, and then wipe the interior.

Odors-use a 2 tablespoons baking soda in 4 ounces,wipe surfaces dry, and leave the door open for a few hours. If the smell persists, use 6 tablespoons baking soda or 1/2 cup lemon juice into a cup of water. In a microwave-safe dish,heat the mixture on high for two minutes. After that, leave the door open for a few hours.

For Stainless-Steel, use a nylon scrubber and a mildly abrasive cleanser. Then rinse with a clean,damp cloth and dry.

Clean doors with a solution of water and mild dishwashing liquid.

Wipe control panels with a damp cloth. 

Be wary of the dishware you put into the microwave. It should say Microwave safe on the bottom. Otherwise, most metal-free glass, china, and pottery  can be used in the microwave. Clear-glass pyrex , is also very good. But do avoid heating any food in a plastic container. Harmful chemicals from the plastic can be released under high heat into food. Microwave safe labels on plastic means only that it won't melt or sustain damage in the microwave.


Fill Out Form
$ 5.00 off 1st time Appliance Cleaning